Hamilton was called in to see the stewards at the Jeddah circuit after Saturday’s final practice as he allegedly ignored a double-waved yellow flag.
The stewards have decided not to follow up on the case, after claiming that the yellow lights went off accidentally for less than a second.
Just fifteen days after Max Verstappen was fined five grid places at the Qatar Grand Prix for ignoring a double-wave yellow flag, Red Bull hinted he was not happy with the consistency of decision.
Team boss Christian Horner said Sky immediately after qualifying his team was considering whether or not to take the case further.
“We will take a good look at it,” he said ahead of the deadline. “It seems a bit inconsistent with what we saw two weeks ago, so we have the right to appeal.
“We’re going to look at the information, we haven’t looked at it that closely. These decisions are so late, the team management and the squad need to focus on qualifying, so we’ll take a look and see if there is anything wrong. The only thing we desperately want is consistency. “
Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing RB16B
Photo by: Andy Hone / Motorsport images
Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko even went so far as to say that the team had filed an appeal.
He said Servus TV: “Max gets five grid positions in Qatar, and here, suddenly, yellow is no longer yellow. There is another interpretation, and it cannot go on like this: to interpret it in such an arbitrary way.
“It was a yellow flag, a light yellow on the screen. The team should at least have given a warning. We appealed, but now we have other concerns. We follow him. “
But with Red Bull having to make a quick appeal to file a notification of its intention to appeal, the FIA has confirmed no documents have been submitted – meaning Hamilton will not be subject to further scrutiny On the question.
Red Bull also said later that it decided not to go any further.